Working Remote While Traveling - Digital Nomad Information Series
Becoming a Digital Nomad search was updated real-time via Filemaker on:Becoming a Digital Nomad | Return to Search List
Search Completed | Title | An Explorative Study on Remote Workers
Original File Name Searched: Stevens-MA-EEMCS.pdf | Google It | Yahoo | Bing
Text | An Explorative Study on Remote Workers | 013
3 Research Design 3.1 Research Question
The aforementioned issues and gaps in literature are the foundation for the following research ques- tions:
• RQ1: What are perceived to be the main influencing factors for the high levels of job satisfaction by remote workers?
• RQ2: What is the perceived influence of remote work on onces work-life balance?
• RQ3: What are perceived to be the most essential differences in cultural perspectives on job satisfaction and work-life balance?
3.2 Research method
This research focuses on the themes job satisfaction and work-life balance in the context of remote work, based on an embedded case study (Yin 2013;Scholz & Tietje 2002). In this case an embedded case study form is chosen to obtain a detail-rich, holistic, and contextualized description from multiple sources of information. This research will be based on three different sources of information: scientific and non-scientific literature, questionnaire, and in-depth interviews.
The context of this study refers to work-life balance and job satisfaction, as themes of remote working. Work-life balance is a theme which has been explored in more detail then job satisfaction. Even though both are subjects for which it is important to keep an open mind, to support this there are no preconceived ideas of what the answer to the research questions would be. Recognizing the nascent stage of knowledge on the phenomenon of interest, an exploratory case study process is designed, including the following steps:
1. Compose a questionnaire based on knowledge obtained from literature 2. Validate the questionnaire
3. Finding and defining the target audience
4. Carrying out the questionnaire to remote workers
5. Analyzing the data
6. Based on the found data, creating interview questionnaire
7. Doing a pilot interview to check the applicability of the questionnaire in a real-life context 8. Carrying out in-depth interviews
9. Analyzing the results
Consistent with the fact that this study is explorative and the goal is to get a rich analysis of real- life cases, a questionnaire in combination with in-depth interviews are conducted (King & Horrocks, 2010), as a data collection technique. A questionnaire in combination with in-depth interview tech- nique are selected for different reasons. The questionnaire is chosen to get a broad understanding of important issues for remote workers. The combination with in-depth interviews is believed to be a suitable technique to get a deeper understanding of these subjects. The data collected with in-depth
17–11–2017 Page 13 of 69
Image | An Explorative Study on Remote Workers
|Digital Nomad Ever wonder how you can work and travel at the same time ? A new online course is available which shows you how: Set yourself free and travel the world. Learn more about becoming a digital nomad Cruising Review Website|
Search Contact: email@example.com