Working Remote While Traveling - Digital Nomad Information Series
Becoming a Digital Nomad search was updated real-time via Filemaker on:Becoming a Digital Nomad | Return to Search List
Search Completed | Title | CROSS-CULTURAL COMPETENCY MODEL FOR DIGITAL NOMADS
Original File Name Searched: master-simon-koci.pdf | Google It | Yahoo | Bing
Text | CROSS-CULTURAL COMPETENCY MODEL FOR DIGITAL NOMADS | 035
Figure 3: Dynamic-Systemic-Process Model of International Competencies Source: Gerstein, Hurley and Hutchison, p. 242, 2015
This DSP model by Gerstein, Hurley and Hutchison (2015) is composed of many variables which consist other elements:
• Person Variables – Personality and previous international experiences.
• Environmental Variables – Cultural distance, characteristics of the job and organization.
• Environmental process variables - Training delivery, timing, and rigor.
• Person Process Variables - Emotion, motivation as a personal process, cultural adaptability, cultural environment, coping skills, cognitive complexity and flexibility, cognitive closure, ethnocentrism to ethno-relativism, interpersonal skills.
• Competencies – Motivation, awareness, knowledge, and skills.
As previously mentioned, some components of the model might be called the same thing, however, the models look at the intercultural competence from different points of view. Deardorff’s (2006) model is oriented towards intercultural competence of students and education. The model presented by Johnson, Lenartowicz and Apud (2006) is focused on the international business. Cross-cultural competence model by Bartel-Radic and Giannelloni (2017) examine how particular components influence each other in the international business environment. The report by Sinicrope, Norris and Watanab (2007) mention Byram’s model, and seek to understand the intercultural competence from a communication perspective. The Model of Intercultural Communication Competence by Spitzberg (2000) examines the interaction between cultures. The Dynamic-Systemic-Process (DSP) Model is made with the
Image | CROSS-CULTURAL COMPETENCY MODEL FOR DIGITAL NOMADS
|Digital Nomad Ever wonder how you can work and travel at the same time ? A new online course is available which shows you how: Set yourself free and travel the world. Learn more about becoming a digital nomad Cruising Review Website|
Search Contact: email@example.com