Working Remote While Traveling - Digital Nomad Information Series
Becoming a Digital Nomad search was updated real-time via Filemaker on:Becoming a Digital Nomad | Return to Search List
Search Completed | Title | The Ultimate Guide to Remote Work
Original File Name Searched: e4fbeb81f76c0c13b589cd390cb6420b.pdf | Google It | Yahoo | Bing
Text | The Ultimate Guide to Remote Work | 042
Chapter 3: How to Hire a Remote Team 34
with and helping pick out their new teammate so including
them in the process is a net benefit to all.
• Job boards: As a last resort, job boards can be a source of
candidates. Often these have bottom of the barrel candidates who are constantly job hunting and mostly looking for any job, not your job. But you can occasionally strike gold.
• Share,share,share:UseTwitter,LinkedIn,Facebook,Angel- List and any channel you have access to to let people know that you’re hiring. The more spread you can get, the more likely your job post will stumble across the right person’s desk.
Sourcing candidates is often a harder task for remote teams than you’d think. Since you don’t have global connections, you’re a small brand, and local ties can be hard to come by, too, it can be hard to get the word out about your company and your positions. Take advantage of every channel you can find to get the word out and keep track of where the good candidates come from. Then make sure to utilize those in the future.
Here are the ways our 18 employees found the Zapier job opening they filled:
• Micah Bennett - Personal network • James Carr - Personal network
• Brian Cooksey - Personal network • Danny Schreiber - Social media
• Jess Byrne - “is hiring!” link
• Chris Peters - Personal outreach
• Alison Groves - Product Hunt
• Justin Deal - Independent research and friend suggestion • Brandon Galbraith - Hacker News
• Rob Golding - “is hiring!” link
• Matthew Guay - Personal outreach
Image | The Ultimate Guide to Remote Work
|Digital Nomad Ever wonder how you can work and travel at the same time ? A new online course is available which shows you how: Set yourself free and travel the world. Learn more about becoming a digital nomad Cruising Review Website|
Search Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org